Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pubs in London

In today's Chicago Tribune there is an article regarding the "best" pubs in London. I'd be interested in getting some feedback from those who actually frequent them (and those like Stonch who run them) as to the validity of the statement "six-pack of the best". They are as follows

1. Angel
2. Paxton's Head
3. Jerusalem Tavern (this one I've read about on various blogs)
4. Old Bell Tavern
5. Ye Olde Mitre
6. Nell Gwynne

I have an old college friend who's decided to be an expat in London, and my wife and I thoroughly intend to visit (some day), and it would be nice to know where to find good beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this link-- I actually have never been to any of these. Some do sound charming. So many "historic" pubs in London server bland beer but many are fascinating and cozy. I could make my own similar list. Maybe I should! Stonch has a wonderful London beer map on his site. I wonder if these pubs are on it?