Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good Beer, Good Times

We took the crew down to North Avenue Beach today to watch the Red Bull Flugtag, and afterwards were obviously a bit parched, so we headed over to Uncommon Ground at Clark & Grace, unfortunately in Wrigleyville. Sox/Cubs aside, the food at this joint is always first class, as is their wait staff, and they have some of THE best beers on their menu. I had a great Two Brothers Farmhouse, and the wife had the Left Hand Milk Stout. She's had a thing lately for the milk stouts, and it's obviously the lactose that really does it for her. I wonder if I could add some to the upcoming oatmeal stout brew?

Anyway, last night we settled on some Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald porters, but killed them off, so tonight it's Bell's Porter. I can't tell you how happy I am that Larry Bell is once again distributing in Illinois.

No comments: